More details at
Fine semolina 1 Cup (16 tbs) (For dough for puris)
Black gram flour 1 Tablespoon (For dough for puris)
Salt 1 Pinch (For dough for puris)
Club soda 1 Cup (16 tbs) (or 1/4 tsp baking soda mixed in 1/4 cup water)
Potato 1 Large (for the filling/masala)
Garbanzo beans 2 Cup (32 tbs) (for the filling/masala)
Fresh mint leaves 8 Small (for the pani)
Lime juice 1 Tablespoon (for the pani)
Green chili paste 1 Teaspoon (for the pani)
Tamarind pulp 1 Tablespoon (for the pani)
Onion 1 Large, finely chopped (For garnish)
Cilantro 2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (For garnish)
Fine sev 1 Cup (16 tbs) (For garnish)
For making puris :
1. In a bowl mix rawa, urad flour and salt.
2. Add club soda, knead to form dough and wrap in a dry kitchen towel.
3. Pat lightly with little water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
For making the masala :
4. In a pressure cooker boil the garbanzo beans and potato in water on medium heat for 6 -7 whistles.
5. Remove a small blueberry size portion of the dough and roll into small puri.
6. Alternately apply a little ghee over the rolling board, roll into a thin big puri and cut using a small cup or else use a tortilla maker to make puris.
7. Heat oil to medium heat in a deep fry pan and fry the puris such that they are crisp and puffy.
For making pani :
8. Mash fresh mint in a glass add water and drain out over another glass of water.
9. Add the mint chutney or dry mint powder, chat masala, cumin powder, lime juice and green chili paste.
10. On a plate place puris, make opening in each to fill with the pani.
11. Top potato pieces, garbanzo beans, chopped onion, sev, cilantro, mint water and tamarind chutney and serve.